[DC3] Rural access success stories

Laura Tresca laura at article19.org
Fri Nov 4 12:41:23 UTC 2016

Hi Coenraad,
I don´t have a list, but I know a partner organization (ANID) that have a strong relationship with rural movements in Brazil, connecting them.
They organize small ISPs to share backbones/backhauls infrastructure and to buy broadband wholesale. Then they charge %  of the broadband for digital inclusion. With this, they connect rural areas, poor people etc. I believe they have over 300 points of internet access. I´m very impressed by their work.
Here goes their contact: presidencia at anid.org.br
All the best,
Laura.