[DC3] RES: Guadalajara Declaration and DC3 Report

Steve Song steve at villagetelco.org
Fri Nov 4 15:39:25 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I also agree, especially as the origin of problematic statement.  :)   The
original text I posted should have read "Up to 3 billion people in the
world do not have access to *affordable* communication infrastructure".
Access to communication is not enough, lack of affordability is effectively
lack of access.  Unfortunately stats on affordability are a bit thin on the
ground, especially when going beyond Internet access to telephony.

I suggest adding to Carlos' framing:

"Over four billion people may remain unconnected to the Internet, including
around a billion who do not have access to basic telephony services.  Even
for those with access affordability remains a challenge."

Cheers... Steve

--
Steve Song
+1 902 529 0046