[DC3] Rural access success stories

Carlos Rey-Moreno carlos.reymoreno at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:40:51 UTC 2016

Hi Coenraad,

On the Global Access to the Internet for All (GAIA) mailing list there has
been quite a lot of activity on this at the moment. Maybe you can check the
logs there.

In particular, the University of Pennsylvania launched recently the 1 World
Connected: http://1worldconnected.org/ which aims at gather the info you
mention. An excell containing the projects they found so far is here:
https://goo.gl/rZLsWN although they are constantly upgrading it. Soon, they
will incorporate, among other things, the list of self-defined community
networks in Africa that Michael Graff and I created for the 1st report of
this Coalition, that Luca has been curating. You can access a pre-print
version of the paper can be found at: https://www.researchgate.net/
publication/309291449_Map_of_the_Community_Network_Initiatives_in_Africa
In there there is distinction about which ones are rural, urban, or both.

Hope it helps,

carlos

--
Carlos Rey-Moreno, PhD
PostDoctoral Fellow University of the Western Cape