[DC3] Dynamic Coalition on Innovative Approaches to Connecting the Unconnected

Nicolás Echániz nicoechaniz at altermundi.net
Thu Nov 17 07:04:29 UTC 2016

On 11/17/2016 03:45 AM, Raoul Plommer wrote:
> "We collate information from different sources, organize and synthesize
> them using academic standards, and provide this information in an easy,
> searchable and digestible form. Our commitment to academic standards, as
> well as the fact that we are the first such initiative to make an effort
> to compile such information, makes our work complementary to the number
> of ongoing efforts."
>
> Well, I'll be damned. We obviously need to work together.

Well I wouldn't go that far :)

I see Facebook, Verizon, World Economic Forum as Dynamic Coalition Speakers here:
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/documents/igf-meeting/igf-2016/910-dc-connecting-the-unconnected-igf2016session/file

and it makes me think: we can maybe share some work, but I don't exactly imagine us working together as in with a common perspective.

I've been invited to a WEF organized event in Buenos Aires a week ago framed in the Global Connect Initiative and the Internet For All program. I can assure you there was almost no one there sharing perspectives with most of the people I know from our DC3. Lots of big telecos, banks, credit card companies, etc. The words may sound similar but the focus is very different.

I guess it will be interesting to see what this Dynamnic Coalition will actually be working on in the future.

Cheers,
Nico