[DC3] Dynamic Coalition on Innovative Approaches to Connecting the Unconnected

Jane Coffin coffin at isoc.org
Thu Nov 17 11:24:27 UTC 2016

Hi All –

Just a reminder that you should register for the IGF ;)
If for some reason, you are not able to register in advance – you can register on site.

Registration closes TODAY at 11 am UTC.

Best,
Jane

Internet Society | www.internetsociety.org

Skype:  janercoffin

Mobile/WhatsApp:  +1.202.247.8429

On 11/17/16, 2:04 AM, "dc3-bounces at listas.altermundi.net on behalf of Nicolás Echániz" <dc3-bounces at listas.altermundi.net on behalf of nicoechaniz at altermundi.net> wrote:

    On 11/17/2016 03:45 AM, Raoul Plommer wrote:
    > "We collate information from different sources, organize and synthesize
    > them using academic standards, and provide this information in an easy,
    > searchable and digestible form. Our commitment to academic standards, as
    > well as the fact that we are the first such initiative to make an effort
    > to compile such information, makes our work complementary to the number
    > of ongoing efforts."
    >
    > Well, I'll be damned. We obviously need to work together.

    Well I wouldn't go that far :)

    I see Facebook, Verizon, World Economic Forum as Dynamic Coalition Speakers here:
    http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/documents/igf-meeting/igf-2016/910-dc-connecting-the-unconnected-igf2016session/file

    and it makes me think: we can maybe share some work, but I don't exactly imagine us working together as in with a common perspective.

    I've been invited to a WEF organized event in Buenos Aires a week ago framed in the Global Connect Initiative and the Internet For All program. I can assure you there was almost no one there sharing perspectives with most of the people I know from our DC3. Lots of big telecos, banks, credit card companies, etc. The words may sound similar but the focus is very different.

    I guess it will be interesting to see what this Dynamnic Coalition will actually be working on in the future.

    Cheers,
    Nico