[DC3] an Internet for the poor vs. empowering the people

Christian O'Flaherty oflaherty at isoc.org
Mon Nov 21 17:07:41 UTC 2016

I like the preamble a lot, although I would not disparage the efforts from companies:

My suggestion: "... A number of private and state owned initiatives have addressed this issue through techniques as diverse as baloons, planes,  limited access zero rating plans or points of free connectivity in public areas. Even though these sort of initiatives are effective in increasing Internet access, sometimes uptime, level of service, privacy, neutrality and other important factors cannot be preserved, resulting in uneven experiences compared to regular online users." + "Community networks, on the other hand, are empowering the people to build meaningful infrastructures that create the local portion of the Internet in a manner that is respectful of human value" (taken from your email)

The objective is to make the point without being offensive...

Christian