[DC3] Fwd: Extended deadline March 26: GISWATCH 2018 on Community Networks - Call for 1-page proposals

Kathleen Diga kathleen at apc.org
Wed Mar 21 04:12:39 UTC 2018

Dear DC3 members,

[APOLOGIES FOR THE CROSS-POSTING]

I hope this message finds you all well.  As you might have seen, we have started the GISW 2018 process with the call for proposal for country chapters. This year, GISW will focus on community networks.

We have extended the deadline to Monday, March 26. I would like to invite you to consider responding to this call. We believe GISW 2018 will substantively contribute to shed some light to better understood and support bottom-up locally owned/managed networks.

Please find the call below and a document attached with more details for developing the proposals for GISW 2018.

Best regards,

Kathleen
=================

The Association of Progressive Communications would cordially invite you to submit a short 1 page country level proposal for the 2018 Global Information Society Watch (GISWatch). Read the attachment for more detailed information.

The GISWatch is like a “rough-guide” to the information society from a civil society perspective – but one written by those living in the country they are talking about, and who get to see the impact of technology on their lives and in their countries first-hand.

GISWatch is a tool and a process for the collaborative monitoring of the implementation of national and international commitments made by governments towards the creation of an inclusive, open and sustainable information society.  For a look at the previous 11 GIS Watch editions, please see www.giswatch.org <http://www.giswatch.org/>.

If you have an innovative experience to share and the wealth of knowledge you could bring towards the 2018 theme of Community Networks, we ask you to submit a short proposal. The short 1 page proposal submission would describe your idea for a 2300 word book chapter on the innovative experiences of a Community Network and the country context which has enabled this Community Network.

Specifically, the 1 page proposal criteria includes:
name, organisation, country
brief information on Community Network solution
duration of Community Network operations
half a page about the experience or innovation within a Community Network you plan to describe in the book chapter and your involvement with this Community Network.
Please make note of the short deadline.  Submissions must be sent to GIS Watch coordinator, Ms Kathleen Diga (kathleen at apc.org <mailto:kathleen at apc.org>) by MARCH 26, 2018.

We look forward to your response and thank you in advance for your consideration.

Regards,

Kathleen Diga
Global Information Society Watch (GISWatch 2018) coordinator
Association for Progressive Communications (APC)