[DC3] non line of site LTE

Kurtis Heimerl kheimerl at cs.washington.edu
Wed May 16 20:54:58 UTC 2018

We chatted about this a little here, we're pretty pessimistic.

1) Any NLOS stuff involving sky bounces (tropo stuff) will likely be killed
by timing issues. This could be resolved through a custom client or enodeb
but there aren't going to be units like this at scale. This could be saying
that LTE can't do NLOS at significant distances.
2) Any NLOS stuff not involving sky bounces is probably just using the
lowest frequency you can for better propagation. While that gear is readily
available (we're using band 8) it's unlikely that meets your use case as
it's mostly just a larger range for the network and not huge distance ptp
nlos.

Public Key: flowcrypt.com/pub/munncha at gmail.com