[DC3] non line of site LTE

Javier Simó javier.simo at urjc.es
Thu May 17 07:39:35 UTC 2018

Hi Peter

I can't tell you about specific equipment, but LOS or NLOS is not
related to protocols. Distance can be related to protocols, but the
presence/absence of obstacles that limit the line-of-sight has influence
only on the link budget and the stability of the link. With higher
frequencies LOS becomes a must, though with lower frequencies
propagation can be good without LOS; if you want NLOS for medium
distances, I guess that you want systems operating in UHF (I think that
there must exist, as I heard some technical people from Telefonica del
Peru talking about LTE in 700 MHz).

Hope this helps

--

*Francisco Javier Simó Reigadas*

*Profesor, Director de la ETSIT*

*Dep**t. Teoría de la Señal y Comunic. y Sist. Telemáticos y Computación*

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos

Campus de Fuenlabrada(Madrid), España

Teléfono: 91 4888167

javier.simo at urjc.es <mailto:javier.simo at urjc.es>| www.urjc.es