[DC3] IGF Workshops (was RightsCon Meeting)

Carlos Rey-Moreno carlos at apc.org
Wed May 23 05:25:19 UTC 2018

Hi Luca, thanks for this great summary and everyone at RightsCon for the
great ideas!

I think we should present several workshops, according to the topics
selected, and then adapt the DC3 Workshop to the topics that were not
chosen by the secretariat. In that sense, I'm glad to see Harris'
efforts on one of the topics mentioned below. I volunteer to try to put
together another around partnerships with stakeholders, people wanting
to contribute there, please write me off-list. Maybe someone else can
put together the one of o "let the unconnected speak for themselves"? I
think that one can be very appealing to the secretariat, with the only
caveat of the funding.

With the GisWatch this year being about community networks, there will
be other session to be creative around this. Not sure if Leandro and
Nico were referring to specific communities, but maybe we can use part
of the GISWatch session for authors from those communities that are not
represented in these spaces to share their difficulties.

best,

carlos

--
Carlos Rey-Moreno, PhD
"Community and Local Access Networks" Project Coordinator