[DC3] IGF Workshops (was RightsCon Meeting)

Jane Coffin coffin at isoc.org
Wed May 30 14:25:40 UTC 2018

HI Panos -

I like your idea.

Another "part" of this could be narrated videos (with sub-titles) that many of our organizations can show on loops during the IGF at our "booths".

Best,
Jane

Internet Society | www.internetsociety.org

Skype:  janercoffin

Mobile/WhatsApp:  +1.202.247.8429

On 5/29/18, 5:31 PM, "dc3-bounces at listas.altermundi.net on behalf of panayotis antoniadis" <dc3-bounces at listas.altermundi.net on behalf of panayotis at nethood.org> wrote:

    Hi all,

    On 23.05.2018 07:25, Carlos Rey-Moreno wrote:
    > Maybe someone else can put together the one of o "let the unconnected
    > speak for themselves"? I think that one can be very appealing to the
    > secretariat, with the only caveat of the funding.

    Some brainstorming on this point:

    In the previous IGF there was a lot of discussion on remote
    participation and since it is very difficult for local people to travel
    (we had tried in the case of Sarantaporo to bring some of the community
    "champions" in Athens but it proved very difficult because they are both
    shy and busy), I thought that it might be interesting to try something
    creative along these lines.

    E.g., we could organize remote participation from CNs in different
    places around the world mediated by local english-speaking persons. I
    think it would be cool if we could "bring together" people from
    different continents in the same "space" meeting each other even if
    "digitally".

    If you think this is an interesting direction to explore I could try to
    think more about it :-)

    And btw, on July 7-8 the netCommons project organizes an international
    conference in the Sarantaporo area with many special guests as you can
    see here:
    https://www.netcommons.eu/?q=content/sarantaporo-conference-building-community-community-networks,
    and there are still a few places available.

    Best,

    Panos
    http://nethood.org/panayotis/