[DC3] IGF Workshops (was RightsCon Meeting)

panayotis antoniadis panayotis at nethood.org
Thu May 31 20:33:57 UTC 2018

Thanks Jane!

This reminds me to add sub-titles and publish the recent Sarantaporo
"video report" :-)

And here is a somehow radical idea for the "let the unconnected speak
for themselves" panel in a brainstorming spirit:

Imagine a panel that there are no real people presenting but only
screens connected to very remote places where CNs operate. Experienced
people from these countries that would typically be in IGF go instead to
those remote places, organize the community to get together, and help
moderate the contributions and exchanges between the local people across
the world and of course the audience in the room at IGF.

If it is technically possible I think it would give a nice message
bringing the remote participants in the foreground (instead of the
background). And it is perhaps the only realistic way to do what this
title declares!

Anyway. Just brainstorming :-)