[DC3] Intro to OLI & an offsite during at IGF

Don Means don at digitalvillage.com
Fri Sep 21 00:28:31 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Per Jane’s recommendation, allow me to introduce a group that formed (is still forming) earlier this year at the ASU Library who hosted the Offline Internet Summit  <https://asunow.asu.edu/20180219-solutions-offline-internet-summit-asu-laura-hosman-connectivity>

Cc:’d here is Jérémy Lachal, who co-chairs the OLI software group in addition to being Directeur Général / Executive Director, Bibliothèques Sans Frontières / Libraries Without Borders www.bibliosansfrontieres.org <http://www.bibliosansfrontieres.org/>

OLI is great group of people with lots of overlapping interests to the DC-3.  As does another IGF dynamic coalition for Public Access at Libraries (DC-PAL includes other centers). IGF Session on Nov. 14 at 10:00am.

It’s our thinking that these represent three tightly interlocking, mutually reinforcing approaches to (actually) achieving universal access/inclusion and hope for more interactions/alignments. IGF should be the place!

Thanks,
Don Means, Director
GigLibraries.Net