Thanks Steve and Michael!
is there any suggestion regarding a tool to have a common calendar?
Could be google calendar or any alternative.
net[dc3-bounces@listas. altermundi.net] em nome de Steve Song [email@example.com]
Enviado: sexta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2017 11:34
Para: Dynamic Coalition on Community Connectivity
Assunto: Re: [DC3] Minutes Today's Call
FWIW, in terms of tools, I am impressed by what I have seen of https://cryptpad.fr so far.
On 20 January 2017 at 05:19, Michael Oghia <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hi Luca, all:
I formatted the notes on MS Word and printed to PDF. There is at least one action item we need to follow up on:
"we need to decide if item 4 of the Declaration will be a separate document or not."
Also, I added text about taking into account how to organize resources in different languages.
On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 1:59 AM, Luca Belli <email@example.com> wrote:
Here are the minutes of today’s call.
Please add any item we may have forgotten
1. Brief review of the last DC3 meeting in Guadalajara, at University of Guadalajara, MX
- The meeting was divided in 4 segments: training, policy, technical and sustainability
2. Resources and material on the DC3 website (www.comconnectivity.org )
- The web page for resources and material on CNs need to be consolidated;
- Resources and Material will be classified according to their different type. E.g. academic publications, short articles, video, etc;
- For training material it may be necessary a separated web page;
- It was suggested to offer pages for efforts that want to give an overview of their activities just to make more people aware of them.
- A call for materials/resources will be launched on the DC3 list;
3. CNs events
- We need a an agenda of CNs events around the world, with tags or different colours categorizing events with different natures (eg., trainings, multistakeholder workshops, policy conferences, civil society meetings)
- Upcoming meeting and events:
· Workshop on Community Connectivity at FGV Rio de Janeiro
· RightsCon (DC3 and Article19 presented workshop proposals): https://www.rightscon.org/
· Interdisciplinary workshop on DIY and community networking (Stockholm): http://diynetworking.net/ifipn
· EuroDig: https://www.eurodig.org/index.
· Stockholm Internet Festival: http://www.stockholminternetfo
· Internet Freedom Festival: https://internetfreedomfestiva
· Battle of the Mesh: http://battlemesh.org/BattleMe
· Nanaandawewigamig : http://fnhssm.events/
- We need to identify a proper tool for a collective agenda; it may be better to avoid tools that require the use of a gmail account
4. DC3 Declaration
- A final request for comments will be shared on the list. So far, the Declaration has been open for comments and updated for more than 4 months.
- Open questions: we need to decide if item 4 of the Declaration will be a separated document or not.
- GISWatch 2017 theme will be community networks. Mike will speak with Anriette to check if DC3 an APC can combine efforts. http://www.giswatch.org/
- The goal of a possible DC3-APC cooperation would be to avoid redundancy. GISwatch and DC3 Report have different format. Options for potential synergies will be discussed in the DC3 list
- Call for papers for the DC3 report to be discussed on DC3 list
DC3 mailing list
DC3 mailing list