---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donovan Guttieres <donovan.guttieres(a)childrenyouth.org>
Date: Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 1:09 AM
Subject: [SPI] 2017 Science, Technology, & Innovation Forum for SDGs -
Updates & Opportunities
To: spiteam <spiteam(a)childrenyouth.org>
Dear UN MGCY,
We are eager to share with you updates on the *UN Annual multi-stakeholder
forum on Science, Technology, & Innovation for SDGs*. As part of the
Technology Facilitation Mechanism, agreed as part of the 2030 Agenda and
Addis Ababa Action Agenda, it seeks to:
1) provide a venue for facilitating interaction, matchmaking and the
establishment of networks between relevant stakeholders and
2) Identify and examine technology needs and gaps, including with regard to
scientific cooperation, innovation and capacity-building.
3) Facilitate development, transfer and dissemination of relevant
technologies for the sustainable development goals.
The 2017 ST&I Forum will take place *May 15-16, 2017* in *NYC* at the *UN
HQ*. Topics for this year's forum are:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, food security, sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, sustainable industrialization,
- Goal 14. Oceans, seas and marine resources
- ST&I policy, S&T advising, emerging technologies, and S&T ecosystems
For more info, please visit: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/
Youth have a crucial role to play in ensuring appropriate use and access to
technology and innovation, as well as technical knowledge assessment for
evidence-informed decision making, and effective science communication to
bridge gaps between science, policy, and society.
We are just starting our preparations for the ST&I Forum and look forward
to your contributions throughout the process!
A few important deadlines/documents:
- Interest form to *attend* the UN ST&I Forum for SDGs (May 15-16) - no
funding available, but UN MGCY can provide support letters - *HERE
- Interest form to be considered as a potential *youth speaker* at the
ST&I Forum - please fill out this *LINK*
by *March 1st @ 11:59 PM GMT*.
- Call for *youth-led innovation and initiatives* - please fill out this
by *March 12th @ 11:59 GMT*
- Join for a coordination call Sunday* March 5* (time TBD)
Looking forward to sharing more information soon :)
Please reach out with any questions or feedback.
On behalf of the UN MGCY SPI Platform Coordination Team
Science-Policy Interface Platform
UN Major Group for Children & Youth <http://childrenyouth.org>
*Phone:* +(1)786-327-7001 <+1%20786-327-7001> | *Skype:* donovan_guttieres