Here are the minutes of today's call.
Please add any item we may have forgotten
1. Brief review of the last DC3 meeting in Guadalajara, at University of
- The meeting was divided in 4 segments: training, policy, technical and sustainability
2. Resources and material on the DC3 website
- The web page for resources and material on CNs need to be consolidated;
- Resources and Material will be classified according to their different type. E.g.
academic publications, short articles, video, etc;
- For training material it may be necessary a separated web page;
- It was suggested to offer pages for efforts that want to give an overview of their
activities just to make more people aware of them.
- A call for materials/resources will be launched on the DC3 list;
3. CNs events
- We need a an agenda of CNs events around the world, with tags or different colours
categorizing events with different natures (eg., trainings, multistakeholder workshops,
policy conferences, civil society meetings)
- Upcoming meeting and events:
* Workshop on Community Connectivity at FGV Rio de Janeiro
* RightsCon (DC3 and Article19 presented workshop proposals):
* Interdisciplinary workshop on DIY and community networking (Stockholm):
* EuroDig: https://www.eurodig.org/index.php?id=76
* Stockholm Internet Festival: http://www.stockholminternetforum.se/
* Internet Freedom Festival: https://internetfreedomfestival.org/
* Battle of the Mesh: http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV10
* Nanaandawewigamig : http://fnhssm.events/
- We need to identify a proper tool for a collective agenda; it may be better to avoid
tools that require the use of a gmail account
4. DC3 Declaration
- A final request for comments will be shared on the list. So far, the Declaration has
been open for comments and updated for more than 4 months.
- Open questions: we need to decide if item 4 of the Declaration will be a separated
document or not.
- GISWatch 2017 theme will be community networks. Mike will speak with Anriette to check
if DC3 an APC can combine efforts. http://www.giswatch.org/
- The goal of a possible DC3-APC cooperation would be to avoid redundancy. GISwatch and
DC3 Report have different format. Options for potential synergies will be discussed in the
- Call for papers for the DC3 report to be discussed on DC3 list