On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 1:59 AM, Luca Belli
Here are the minutes of today’s call.
Please add any item we may have forgotten
1. Brief review of the *last DC3 meeting in Guadalajara*, at
University of Guadalajara, MX
- The meeting was divided in 4 segments: training, policy, technical and
2. *Resources and material* on the DC3 website (
- The web page for resources and material on CNs need to
- Resources and Material will be classified according to their different
type. E.g. academic publications, short articles, video, etc;
- For training material it may be necessary a separated
- It was suggested to offer pages for efforts that want to give an
overview of their activities just to make more people aware of them.
- A call for materials/resources will be launched on the
3. *CNs events*
- We need a an agenda of CNs events around the world, with tags or
different colours categorizing events with different natures (eg.,
trainings, multistakeholder workshops, policy conferences, civil society
- Upcoming meeting and events:
· Workshop on Community Connectivity at FGV Rio de Janeiro
· RightsCon (DC3 and Article19 presented workshop proposals):
· Interdisciplinary workshop on DIY and community networking
· EuroDig: https://www.eurodig.org/index.php?id=76
· Stockholm Internet Festival: http://www.stockholminternetfo
· Internet Freedom Festival: https://internetfreedomfestiva
· Battle of the Mesh: http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV10
· Nanaandawewigamig : http://fnhssm.events/
- We need to identify a proper tool for a collective agenda; it may be
better to avoid tools that require the use of a gmail account
4. *DC3 Declaration*
- A final request for comments will be shared on the list. So far, the
Declaration has been open for comments and updated for more than 4 months.
- Open questions: we need to decide if item 4 of the Declaration will be
a separated document or not.
- GISWatch 2017 theme will be community networks. Mike will speak with
Anriette to check if DC3 an APC can combine efforts.
- The goal of a possible DC3-APC cooperation would be to avoid
redundancy. GISwatch and DC3 Report have different format. Options for
potential synergies will be discussed in the DC3 list
- Call for papers for the DC3 report to be discussed on DC3 list