From AirOS 5.5.X to 5.6.X the size of memories on the flash changes so
that flashing OpenWRT (or other non AirOS firmwares) bricks the device.
"Special Firmware Note: AirOS XM.v5.5.X images used U-Boot 220.127.116.11-s594
(Dec 5 2012 - 15:23:07). The OpenWRT image can be successfully flashed
onto these versions of firmware. However, in July 2015 Ubiquiti released
a new version of firmware XM.v5.6.X. With this firmware a new U-Boot
version was released, U-Boot 18.104.22.168-s956 (Jun 10 2015 - 10:54:50). The
newer U-Boot version changes the memory size and starting address for
rootfs, cfg, and EEPROM. LOADING AN OPENWRT IMAGE ON A U-Boot
22.214.171.124-s956 WILL CAUSE THE DEVICE TO BE BRICKED!!!
If the device has XM.v5.6.X, an older version of XM firmware can be
loaded from the AirOS webgui (for example XM.v5.5.10) and U-Boot will be
overwritten with the older version. OpenWRT can then be loaded onto the
Anyway if you have a way for un-bricking such devices let me know, as I
have 4 devices bricked this way.
There's also a bug report on this problem
PS sorry for cross-posting
This is not strictly Libre-Mesh related but more an OpenWRT related
problem, I'm sharing this because I think it can be a common problem.
I got this problem connecting a the WAN port of a device running
Libre-Mesh to a network where the dns server was used also for private
addresses of the local network (using a custom TLD ).
So when a wireless or cabled client connects to this LiMe node it
receives as DNS server the address of the LiMe node which runs dnsmasq
as dns server.
This server in Libre-Mesh is by default configured for ask to 126.96.36.199
which is a DNS server run by Google which clearly ignores the local
sites names which exists just on the local DNS server.
I supposed that manually adding the line
list resolvers '172.31.16.4' (the IP of the local DNS server)
config lime 'network'
section of the /etc/config/lime file should solve the problem.
Indeed it didn't work and I finally got that was a protection against
some kind of attack :
dnsmasq: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: etherpad.calafou
This protection avoids to accept a private IP  as an answer for a
request which is expected to have a public IP.
So I had to add the
list rebind_domain '/calafou/' (where .calafou was the local TLD)
option  under the
section of the /etc/config/dhcp file.
In your opinion, isn't better to leave empty the DNS field in the
default configuration so that LiMe is going to use the one suggested by
the DHCP server instead of fixing 188.8.131.52?
PS notice that if in /etc/config/lime you configure just one entry for
the "list resolvers" this replaces the whole list of resolvers in
/etc/config/lime-defaults, so also the IPv6 resolver.
Hi guys, sorry if i use this ml for this OT but i remember there are
also Argentina lime community . At moment i have a friend at Buenos
"Necesitamos 14 dadores de sangre de todo tipo en el Hospital Italiano
(Juan D. Peron 4190, CABA) para Carlo que sigue en terapia intensiva y
necesita transfusiones. Los que puedan hacerlo por favor acerquense de 8
a 15 hs y digan que es por el paciente Carlo Iannuzzi, reparto de
Terapia Intensiva, cama 4030. No conviene estar en ayunas. Para mas
informacion pueden llamar al 4959-0200 internos 8531/8413. Muchas muchas
bornagain [at] autoproduzioni.net
Nodi su rete wireless comunitaria Ninux.orghttp://map.ninux.org/select/reggiocalbornagain/http://map.ninux.org/select/romapandora/
ed altri ..