The IGF in Paris is almost here. Panos and NicoPace have confirmed a
location for our gathering:
3bis Rue Papin, 75003 Paris
The CNSIG meeting will occur the 15th starting at 9AM and ending at noon.
In the afternoon we will have an open meeting with other people that are
related to Community Networks issues in the same location.
Our proposed meetig agenda so far:
- what is the role of our Trusted Advisors, how do we invite them to get
more involved in the CNSIG?
- LAC Summit document. Does the global CNSIG wish to discuss and/or
support the document?
- Regional CNSIG groups. We have created the LAC CNSIG group, Sol is
working on the African group. Does it make sense to create similar
initiatives for other regions? How do regional groups integrate with the
- Global Community Networks summit. Do we want to be in charge of such
an event? Who can help make it happen? ISOC will very probably provide
funding during 2019.
- Why have we created the CNSIG and what do we want to do with it?
- Update of the work that we have done until now.
- Sol would like to share about the African base CNs, the communication
channels that could be most effective and the relation to the CNSIG.
- Appropriation of the community network narrative and avoiding to
become "cheap labor" for "connecting the unconnected" to Facebook and
Matters that we consider to be more general and less directly related to
the CNSIG can be discussed in the afternoon in the open meeting.
CNSIG members attending IGF in Paris:
(if you are attending and your name is not there, raise your hand)
Erick Huerta Velázquez
I would like to create a temporary whatsapp or telegram group so we can
easily coordinate during the event, comment on interesting sessions,
organize for off-the-event activities, etc.
I don't have everyone's contact, so if you are OK with being added to
the temporary group, please send me a message to this number:
+549 3547 656593