On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:34:20PM +0200, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> I'd like to start preparing the v17.01.2 release during the upcoming
> weekend with the goal to release final binaries within the next week
> (~May 29th till June 3rd).
> Changes that shall be part of 17.01.2 should be merged until Sunday, the
> You can find the current list of changes since v17.01.1 at
> The most notable change is a security fix affecting the builtin dropbear
> SSH server. While the default configuration does not appear to be
> vulnerable, we still should provide updated images as soon as possible.
> If you want specific fixes cherry-picked/backported to lede-17.01,
> please mention them in a reply to this mail.
I'd like to see
from Nick Lowe
hostapd: add legacy_rates option to disable 802.11b data rates
from Matthias Schiffer
mac80211, hostapd: always explicitly set beacon interval
included as that fixes co-existence of AP+mesh interface combination
which was previously broken.
I'm Paul Spooren and I'll work on attended auto upgrades for LibreMesh (and Lede) this GSoC.
Some personal information, I'm 24 years old and study computer science at the University of Leipzig.
First I applied to work on captive portal login but after some discussion with my mentor(s) we decided to create an semi auto upgrade via the luci(-ng) fronted.
The shortcomings of captive portals will be covered in my first blogpost.
Once finished, the web interface will notify on new upgrades and the (to be created) update server will auto generate an image with all installed packages. This will simplify the update routine for all users, even with special setups where packages are required for Internet connection.
The "image as a service" approach could also optimize the current chef.altermundi.net setup.
What I've done last week:
* setup the build environment and get to know the build process
* "design" a requests model for the "image as a service" process
What I plan to do next week:
* setup a cache mechanism in the build scrips
* check luci(-ng) sysupgrade process
* write the blog post and create a timeline
This is what we did so far (mostly during the hackaton, and a few things
before and after)
Changelog Dayboot Rely 17.04 (since 16.07)
• based on LEDE 17.01.1
• build everything using LEDE SDK, via new lime-cooker (instead of
• lime-system: fix ieee80211s proto, correctly construct ifnames
• lime-system: sanitize hostname (transform everything into alphanumeric
• lime-system: new proto static
• lime-system: set dnsmasq force=1 to ensure dnsmasq never bails out
• lime-webui: enable i18n, finally webinterface is available in Spanish
• lime-webui: Major rework by NicoPace, thanks!
∘ bmx6 node graph now uses colors in a clever way
∘ simple way to add "system notes" that are shown along with
/etc/banner and webui
∘ luci-app-lime-location: fix google maps api key
∘ new read-only view: switch ports status
∘ alert luci-mod-admin users that their changes might get overwritten
∘ fix batman-adv status webui
• new package available to install lighttpd instead of uhttpd (needed
for an upcoming android app)
• added a lime-sysupgrade command: does a sysupgrade but only preserving
libremesh configuration file
• added a lime-apply command: basically calls reload_config, but also
applies hostname system-wide without rebooting
• lime-proto-anygw: unique mac based on ap_ssid (using %N1, %N2)
• lime-proto-anygw: integrate better into /etc/config/dhcp instead of
• lime-proto-batadv: set batadv gw_mode=client by default to counteract
rogue DHCP servers
• lime-proto-bmx6: introduce bmx6_pref_gw option, adds priority (x10) to
a specific bmx6 gateway
• bmx6: doesn't flood log with some spurious warnings anymore (syslog=0)
• bmx6: sms plugin now enabled by default
• bmx6: daemon is now supervised by procd, so it is restarted in case of
• bmx6: doesn't "configSync" by default anymore (no more "uci pending
changes" because of auto-gw-mode)
• new bmx6hosts tool: maintain an /etc/hosts that resolves fd66: <->
• safe-reboot: fix, use /overlay/upper instead of /overlay
• safe-reboot: add "discard" action
• ath9k: debugged some hangs (interface is deaf) and workaround it
• alfred: fix bat-hosts facter, check for errors and don't nuke
/etc/bat-hosts in case of failure
• various Makefile dependency problems fixed
pending for confirmation: (already done but waiting merge or testing)
• don't tag bmx6 packets over ethernet and so use at least mtu=1500
• make 80211s work correctly